Goals of the programme:
- Developing young Rugby players
- Developing youngsters through Rugby
- Building and sustaining a positive and strong club culture which will optimise the above mentioned development
What will we do?
- Guide club leaders to establish a strong, positive and sustainable culture through defining and communicating core values which comes to life in team policies and match day policies and translates to a relevant mission statement
- Run workshops for coaches and parents with the focus on the key PCS principles: Honour our game; redefine winning; filling the e-tank.
- Provide ACCREDITATION on process completion
What will the club need to do?
- Take ownership of the programme
- Work through the process to build a strong and resilient culture
- Involve all coaches and parents in the process
- Build an effective communication structure
Actions for moving forward:
- Arrange a 90min leaders meeting
- 3 x 1 hour contact sessions with coaches required
- 1 hour contact session with parents required
- Completion of programme scheduling guidance document over 3 month period (work on core values and communication/implementation plan).
All of the above mentioned will be tailor made to address the needs of your club. This is not a generic programme with the result that all clubs will find value from the different aspects of it. We aim to keep it practical with a focus on the simple things. We aim to get most out of the programme without asking too much time of volunteers.
There are 11 clubs in Scotland currently working towards accreditation:
- Aberdeen Grammar Rugby
- Alloa RFC
- Bishopton RFC
- Cartha Queens Park RFC
- Dunfermline RFC
- Hamilton RFC
- Hillfoots RFC
- Langholm RFC
- Lasswade RFC
- Paisley RFC
- Stewart Melville Lions
For more information on how to get involved with the programme, please contact Bosman du Plessis, Positive Coaching Scotland Manager, Scottish Rugby.
Tel: 0131 346 5000 | Mob: 07581051157 | Fax: 0131 346 5001 | email@example.com | www.scottishrugby.org/coaching
Posted on Thursday, 24 November 2011 under Rugby Grants Positive Coaching Scotland (PCS)